[LAST UPDATED]:10th December, 2015
Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
Listen To My Music
My Latest Podcast Episode
Words: They Mean So Much More.
I usually like to start by opening up my dictionary.
I then locate a word that interests me.
Not too hard.
I was never a real fan of reading the dictionary. I wasn’t a fan of the dictionary, not until I learned how important it was to understand words that you don’t understand.
Here’s our first word that I want to talk about.
Manque is an adjective, and it describes a noun.
Here are some of Manque’s related words:
- having a crippled hand
- short of or frustrated in the fulfillment of one’s aspirations or talents
Interpretation of the word:
I think the word Manque means:
- person is sort of doubtful
- person is deficient
- person is missing something
- person maybe short of something
- person is suffering from absense
Well, I think that was really fun. Should we look at some more definitions? Yes, I think so too!
Literally, I could spend all day looking at the dictionary. I love the fact that it’s so easy to learn new words. The best part is discovering a new word that you never heard of before. It’s even better when that word’s meaning connects with you on a much deeper level.
Words have great power; and can lead to many importantconclusions (deductions). Also, words can influence people in many ways:
- Words can express authority, prestige, weight, and credit.
- Words can have an effect on the condition or development of people.
- Words can affect or alter by indirect or intangible means
As we can see, words can mean a ton of different things -to anybody. Words can affect peoples’ lives and dreams. It’s important to choose your words carefullybecause:
- Being Careful implies attentiveness and cautiousness in avoiding mistakes.
- Hence, we should strive to watch what we say to others.
Out of my burning curiousity to learn new words, I’ve decided to look up another word. Don’t hate! Come on, this will be fun.
Here’s the word:
Here’s what the word means:
- to grow vigorously: FLOURISH
- to gain in wealth or possessions : PROSPER
- to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances.
You hear the word “Thrive” being talked about in many motivational videos on the internet. I like when they talk about thriving. It’s such a meaningful and powerful word. It takes a lot of energy for someone to flourish and prosper. Circumstances are always popping up in our lives; which makes it difficult tothrive.
I enjoy looking up words, and locating the definitions to them. I enjoy finding new words, inside those definitions, and so on and so forth.